View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bausin View Post
>> So it doesn't matter whether you adjust the saddle height first, the relief or anything else, if the nut slots are the same height as the frets then you are set.

>> Cutting the nut height has nothing to do with relief, saddle height, 12th fret height, it is measured and cut independent of everything else

I cut the slot with 5-10 mils of relief and there was no buzzing. Then I reduce the amount of relief and the string buzzes. I set the relief back to the original amount and the buzzing is gone. So how can you both claim that the order of cutting the slots and setting relief doesn't matter?
Then you cut it too low

You should be able to have the neck flat or with relief and have no buzz. If it buzzes when flat and not with relief then you cut it too low.

Try this on that same guitar, play the first fret with relief then play the first fret when flat.... Any buzz?

Again, just think of the nut as a zero fret. If you build a guitar with a zero fret then you are essentially setting the height of the strings at the nut to the same level of the frets before you set the relief, saddle height and so on.