View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckjohn View Post
That is a really spectacular piece of KBP.
I was wondering if Jack would be able to get his hands on a set, and it turned out the set walked right into his shop.

This is the story from Jack:
"I got it by chance from a travelling wood seller.. Tony Walker. His business is tastimber.com.au
I had never known him before but he called me last week. Seems he got frustrated with trying to sell wood from Tax on the internet, and so loaded up his truck and got the ferry across to the mainland.. which is Melbourne first stop. Then rang as many instrument makers as he could find to visit and show wood to.. he had some lovely sassafras, and some nice pieces of the spalted myrtle.. all too expensive for me.. not that he was over priced, I understand it's value, just don't have the cash. He had a few bit of KBP and this one was too small for a guitar.. but clear and straight and very stiff across and along the grain, I thought it was perfect for you, he wanted $150 for it but what could I say.. it was delivered to my door."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckjohn View Post
I have a super soft spot in my heart for Sheoak - especially high figure lace sheoak:... But flame sheoak is spectacular stuff as well....
Maybe you should ring up Jack's new friend, Tony Walker.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube