View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I have a Rainsong JM1000 and a CA Cargo. I love the depth of tone and resonance of the Rainsong, and the midrange tones are bright and light. The Cargo has a good bass response, and also gives clean bright midrange and treble notes- and is almost as loud as a standard sized guitar.

I have played the CA 5i (which is probably now the GXi), and have been very pleasantly surprised at the depth of the bass, the balance across the tonal spectrum, and the volume levels. If I didn't have the Rainsong, I'd be looking for a GXi, because it is tonally as nice, but not quite as loud.

Bottom line- graphite guitars "work". They're also significantly less hassle than wood guitars- no humidity, cold, nor heat issues. If you have more than one guitar, including a graphite guitar in your "quiver" will make your life a lot easier- and you'll feel comfortable taking it everywhere. Oh, and one more "good" thing. If it ever got broken, or stolen, well, the replacement will sound EXACTLY like the one you lost...
Hi TonyC & All,

There are noticeable variances in the tone of all-graphite guitars within the same model and build timeframe. There aren't any dogs but some will have a bit more oomph in the bass region than another or a little more of this or that. This has been noticed not only by me but my RainSong dealer too. There is, though, more uniformity of tone in all-graphite guitars of the same model and build timeframe than all-wood guitars of a particular model and build timeframe.

I'm completely satisfied with my graphite guitars and they offer a pleasing alternative to the all-wood guitars I have, and as you say, "Bottom line - graphite guitars 'work.'"

Regards,

SpruceTop
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst