View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncbandit View Post
I just wrote a new song and I am very excited about it so the recording process begins again. I don't know about you guys but I am OCD when it comes to the finished project.

I first record just the guitar part, then add vocals, midi drums, midi strings, bass and what ever else seems to fit.

The guitar candidates were the Eastman ES11-CLA-LTD, Alvarez MD60BG, and the Alvarez parlor MPA66SHB. The song starts with a flat picking intro which eases it's way into the main strumming rhythm.

To see which guitar would be the one I did a scratch take of all 3 using a thick pick, thin pick, and fingers only. The outcome was surprising. The Eastman was the best sounding on the flat picking intro using a thick pick, the MD60BG won on the main rhythm section using a thick pick, but the parlor was a close second on the main rhythm using just fingers.

Anyway, now the real work begins. I see many late night hours trying to perfect this beauty.

Does anyone else go through this insane process or do you just plug in and do a few takes. done!!
I just finished reading my current issue of Tape Op, and you might find an answer by reading the Greg Laswell interview.

https://tapeop.com/interviews/134/greg-laswell/