View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Come to B.I.G. 2020 and you can play several East Coast Kinnairds and Texas Kinnairds!
Would love to come, but I'm located in Oslo, Norway which makes it a bit of a challenge to attend! However I did live in the US for a few years, and will certainly be visiting again in the future, so hopefully I'll get a chance to play some of these instruments (Kinnairds and others) at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Silverfox, I'm sure that you would enjoy playing one. I really like John's guitars, but I've played and owned a number of others from various builders here and they are awesome as well. The guitars you own (in your signature list) are I'm sure really good and may indeed be best for you.

In my experience, I've owned and played a lot of really nice guitars from a host of manufacturers. Over the past 5-10 years I have A/B'd many many guitars and have found the probability of finding a great guitar is greater with boutique builders. Make no mistake, I've owned a few Collings, Martin, and Bourgeois that were really satisfying in every way.

Bottom line, I think you owe it to yourself to find out what is best for YOU. Go to BIG as Neomann suggested, take your best guitar with you and play it beside the builders you'll find there...they are some of the best in the business and all are well regarded here on AGF. One of two things will happen, you'll either be supremely satisfied with your guitar, or you may find something you like better. But by being there you'll get to hear the difference with your own ears and playing style.
Thanks invguy921, your point is well taken. I am very happy with my current instruments, but I'm certainly open to the idea that there could be something out there that's an even better fit. Or just plain better . An event like B.I.G. seems like the perfect situation to explore several instruments by highly regarded luthiers.
Martin 00L-17
Martin D-18
Gibson L-00
Gibson J-45