View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Charter Member

New Silent Guitar Day...

Timing was such that it was a couple hours with it before I got to spend some concentrated time. I like the tone options, but that neck is very different for me. I liked the steel string version I played last week, but I don't need another steel string guitar. Not sure I need a nylon string guitar, but I have been curious about them. This guitar will take care of that curiosity, but there is no way it will be favored over my steel string instruments, and especially the Emeralds.

Here's a link to my NSGD post...

https://captnjim.blogspot.com/2019/03/nsgd.html

For those who don't want to go there, the highlights:

Not much of a concern, since it is in the 80s here, and the guitar spent time in a hot truck before getting to me, then outside on the front entry to our daughter's house while I was giving guitar lessons at their school.

The case looks like it should hold a fly fishing rod...

And, the first look at it, assembled...

I think it is kinda cool looking. And, it is reasonably ergonomic: there is a cut-away on that top curvy part, where it fits against your chest. I do like the tones available with the electronics built into the SLG. I miss the sustain and punch I get with my steel string acoustics. I'm looking forward to getting home and trying some recording with this guitar.

Sitting outside with it, plugged into the headphones; putting it through its paces...

One thing immediately obvious: the strings needed to be retuned moving from inside to out - yeah, that's different from the carbon fiber I'm used to. They went sharp when moved inside, and then flat when going outside. I'm expecting that it will take a while for the strings to settle in... a couple hours of playing, and I have had to tweak the tuning a half dozen times or so.

Ah, the perspective after playing just carbon fiber for the last few years.