View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Can you share that list with us or what you remember?
Hi Davis,

I don't remember everything and I wouldn't advise anyone else to try to follow the diet because it was tailored to my particular types of stone and body chemistry. And it wasn't exactly don't eat this stuff (because there are a lot of good foods on the list), but more like be careful, and if you do eat them take some calcium at the same time so they bind up with the calcium and pass out of your system rather than stay behind (I'm no chemist and I could have that bass ackwards )

I was also put on a high dosage of tums for the calcium and a diurectic. I didn't like either of those and didn't last very long. I may be due for another incident

Coffee, black tea (green and herbal are ok), chocolate, spinach, some berries. Lots of other but those are the ones I remember, I think they call them oxalates or something like that. It wasn't really anything I was willing to follow too closely, as I've only had 2 episodes in 30 years (although the last stone was a monster and there are some more little brothers in waiting).

The main take away was to drink water every day, all day. Urine should be clear or pale, not yellow. As I understood it that was a lot more important than the diet.

Best wishes!