View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
For solo acoustic guitar, the idea of convolution reverb certainly has aesthetic appeal. But all I'm looking for is reverb I can live with. If I can get it from some kind of hardware emulation, I'm all for it. Less tweaking, I hope. Delay, pre-delay, EQ and mix are the only controls I really understand. And now I'm armed with the recommendations here. Thanks again.
One thing I have realized is that when I use reverb I am actually using two reverbs. The room in which I record generates a reverb when I record and that can't be changed. This original reverb may be minor, e.g., a faint ambience, or it may be more pronounced, e.g., cave sounding. This obviously depends on the room in which the recording is made, mic placements, etc. That original reverb gets "re-reverbed" a second time when I add a reverb plugin or external reverb unit when mixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Slim II View Post
One last comment: when I used to record on Cakewalk Sonar, I always used an aux send for reverb. Now that I'm using Pro Tools ... setting up the busses is just a pain. My thinking is, for a solo instrument, or for any effect that's only going to be used on one track, what's the difference? According to what I'm reading here, maybe there is a difference? I guess I'll have to look into it futher, since reverb is my obsession of the month...
Setup a ProTools template with the output and input busses and aux track already created, along with the input tracks and master output.