View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
Yet another finding for the Nova Go... I took out the saddle, and lo and behold there is already a hole in the slot, on the bass side, for a UST pickup!

For completeness' sake, I unscrewed the tail strap pin. It is just a small screw hole, so you'd still have to do some drilling there to get an endpin pickup jack installed.

Also, the plan was to install a new saddle. I got a compensated TUSQ saddle from StewMac. Unfortunately, the StewMac saddle was so much lower out of the box than the stock Enya saddle--a full 1/8"--that the action ended up too low to be usable. The Enya saddle is nearly 1/2" tall, which is too high, but the slot is so deep the StewMac saddle is too short. Which is too bad, because on the lower three strings that didn't fret out and I could at least check the intonation, it was much better than the stock, uncompensated saddle.
Hi Jeff

Perhaps a layer or two of credit card plastic will shim the new saddle to a workable height? Or the thickness of an under saddle piezo pickup?

Otherwise perhaps use the new saddle as a guide to file compensation ramps onto the original Enya Go saddle?

Cheers
2014 Fender Concert Pro (New Hartford) - red spruce, mahogany