View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Yes clarity is what I want...I guess I should try double tracking too...It's hard enough getting 1 good take.

When I tried 2 mics there also seems to a little phasing issue...Good news is I am gonna track now, so we can experiment...
I'm not sure what you want to double track. Maybe just try a stereo/dual mic recording of the acoustic?

Phasing with 2 mics can be tricky. 2 options (I'm sure there are others, but the two no cost solutions..) are to put on headphones and listen to the mics coming in. Strum a chord and listen for the low end. Move one of the mics until you hear the most low end. When I say move, I'm talking 1/2" an inch at a time. You can tell when the phase is out. The other option is to use whatever plugin or channel strip your software has that has a phase reversal button. I like method 1 better because phase is not always 180 degrees out. Listening with headphones is always a great way to hear the phase relationship between 2 mics.

With the recordings you posted, consider adding some compression and eq to the tracks. You might be getting closer than you think to what you want in a recording. So much these days happens in post production/mixing.

Hope this helps.