View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 03:13 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy_Narf View Post
Hey folks,

Had one of these for a few months now and I had it all dialled into a spot where I thought I was happy. Of course with all the parameters I find myself constantly tweaking (the knobs that is ). I'm happy with the guitar tone for now, but I'm curious if you folks have any EQ suggestions for the vocals. Seems a few are happy with the vocal sound through this, but I'm having a hard time getting a good tone through it.

Any pointers would be wonderful.

Also, the cab on mine seems to buzz while I'm palm-muting or in DADGAD. If I press down on the top of the amp it stops. Anyone experience this? This amp puts out a pile of bass, and I'm not sure it's heavy enough to keep the cabinet from vibrating.

Thanks!
I run the treble almost all the way up, and I sparingly cut some offensive high midrange. I turned up the amp and sang through it for a few minutes, boosting the upper “sweepable mids” until I found the frequency that sounded the worst ... then cut some of that out, and it does a nice job. Different voices will likely mean different offending frequencies. YMMV. I haven’t found any bass rumble to speak of.

Btw, I just played through mine again yesterday at a local American Cancer Society telethon - and it slayed. 😎

Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast