View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 09:06 AM

Thanx everybody.

Last time it was about reaching a finish line, having guitars to show the potential as a model with the primairy goal of getting funded.

I had to work towards an endgoal with a limited budget so I am happy that has now succeeded, so now i can start building in a completely different manner.

I will build these guitars methodically with jigs and fixtures. I will only move on to the next step when one step is reaching the quality standard.

For example, I wont start with soundboards untill the carbon fiber bodys consistantly come out of the mold without surface defects and semi high gloss finish.

I will have 1 year to make 8 guitars, but i will not get in trouble with the investor if it takes longer. I will build 1 steelstring and 1 nylon and then pause the operation to collect feedback on these 2 new guitars. I can then incoorporate that final feedback and keep building.

The investor will help me with social elements like going to builders and retail stores. This investor has also made arrangements for me to take classes with a good Luthier and a furniture maker, and i can choose my own topics. When the time comes i will certainly take these classes in areas that i can benefit from, like finishing.

I visited the builder with the investor and he makes amazing archtop instruments, his name is frans elferink :

http://www.elferinkguitars.com/

On March 1st i will start ordering and wait for stuff to arrive.

The first build will be a conversion of the shed, my workspace in my house will become a cleanroom, everything with noise or dust will go to the shed. Airborn carbon particles cause cancer so this will help for my health.

The carbon bodies will be made in the cleanroom in the house , and then they go to a routing box in the shed, to trim the overlap.

The second build is the new mastershape guitar, this shape will be glued on a baseboard, then the anti shape mold can be created. This mastershape must be absolutely flawless. A dimple in this shape will become a hill in every body and reversed.

A lot of challenges to look foreward to!