View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawntp View Post
I have an evolve 50M with the mixer, it has enough inputs for what I need. Sometimes I’m wanting a second unit for coverage. I know 2 x 50Ms link together and turn into a two channel system with extra inputs/linked volume/etc.

Since I don’t need the second mixer expansion I was thinking about just getting the cheaper “non-M” 50 and run it off the 50M. Is there any reason why two 50Ms would be better than a 50M+50 other than having to match the gain levels (plus only being able to control one via Bluetooth)?
I'm a 30m guy and other than what you mention--and the possible later regret of not having dual 50m linkability and controllability--I can't think of any.

Incidentally I didn't realize this, but I launched my Quicksmart app in Demo mode and see that the 50 also has its (very simple) controls available via Bluetooth. I guess I don't see any advantage in using that for your application since you'd be setting the 50 at some useful baseline volume and fine-tuning it via, for example, the 50m's Aux-out.