View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
My new Larrivee D-40M Legacy is an exceptionally good-sounding guitar and ranks in the top 10 of all the guitars that I've ever owned. It's a keeper as are the Huss & Dalton T-DR and my two Martins. I'm pretty much a dreadnought fan as I like the dynamic, powerful and smooth tone they produce.
I have probably asked before but what is it about the D-40M that impresses you the most? I really like Larrivee guitars and own one (OM-03). My buddy's dad also has a D-40M but from about ten years ago when Larrivee did a short run of them. I am pretty sure it's the exact same bracing as the new legacy series.

Anyway, the thing I love about Larrivee is the balance but that's also an aspect that I at times dislike. I find that sometimes the bracing, which balances the tone, hurts the projection a bit. It's odd because Larrivee guitars have amazing sustain but the resonance is a bit softer than other guitars. This might be due to the fact that certain frequencies are not popping out but it's something I notice. I just find I have to dig in a bit more for projection.