View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
That’s right, I’m using 70s. I am using the Sunnaudio internal “Line Driver” (buffer/unity gain) preamp as well. They have a ToneDriver preamp, but I found the fit a bit difficult in my guitar. They say 5M Ohm is the sweet spot for Dazzo. I tried it with 10M Ohm preamps and thought that sounded good too. But, 5M is cleaner sounding in the bass. I wouldn’t take a working Trance out and put a Dazzo in, but it might be a nice lightweight choice for a pickup-less guitar in your collection. Truthfully, if you’re willing to go passive and use an external preamp, you’d probably get the most flexible Dazzo option.
Thanks, Dave! I wouldn't remove a Trance system to install another system but would consider a Dazzo 70/70 for my new Larrivee D-40M Legacy. If I do decide to go Dazzo, I might even try installing the transducers with Trance tape first, and if it sounds good, I'd likely leave the Dazzos installed with that tape. I'd probably go with the Dazzo passive option and use a short instrument cord to my ToneDexter or Aura preamp.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20