View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 03:20 PM

Default What are your thoughts about tipping?

Tipping as in gratuity, not tipping cows lol! I’m typing this as I eat at a place that gave me absolutely zero service, not even a glass of water. I think it started because I paid before I was served and on the receipt I didn’t leave a tip because I did it want to tip until after I was served. Well I guess I was labeled as a non tipper and was ignored.

This should be interesting because we have people here from across the pond where tipping is pretty much discouraged, yet you get great service. I think tipping is a sham, it’s a way for employers avoid paying their employees a decent wage, and pass on the payroll cost to the customer. Why is it my responsibility for that server to be able to pay his/her rent that month? I rather pay 15-20% more for the food, if that price raise is passed to the employees.

Don’t get me wrong, I tip, and tip well if the service was good. If the service was ok, I still tip at least 15%. If I don’t leave tip, is because that server was absolutely rude. What’s everyone’s take on this?