View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the replies.

My main concern is whether it is going to affect the build tonally or aesthetically. I just don't have the experience with finishes to know whether the glue will affect whatever finish I put over it over time.

I'm guessing tonally it won't really matter, though. Guitars crack all the time and are glued back together and still sound great, right?

I don't know. The safe thing to do is return it. That just bums me out as i was excited to get started. Also, my shop is not environmentally controlled very well so I don't have a ton of time to work on sensitive stuff like guitars. even less now. Boooo.

The set was purchased form a well known tonewood dealer, I believe they even advertise on this site. If not this one than definately some other acoustic guitar forums.

I was pretty surprised by the condition of the wood I received actually. I also ordered a 5 piece neck set and that wood is warped and cupped more expected. It was should be big enough for two necks, that was why I bought it. If after joining and planing it ends up just being enough for one neck that would suck too but time will tell.