View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM

Hey Doug!!
I think this aspect of acoustic guitar "ebbs & flows" and what you have to do is realize which part of the tidal flow you're riding here! I don't feel any need to record during some parts of the year......the equipment is literally stored away.
But, as I gather material I tend (at least these days) to begin to focus on "getting that one down".......and then another. It could be the concept of an entire project (CD or other), or a single tune........but often with the idea of sharing with friends/family (or AGF!), or simply for "posterity".......realizing none of us will be here forever and it would be good to have that song in the portfolio of work/accomplishments that came calling at one time or another in your musical journey.
My guess is that taking a break will yield some thoughts and energy to do some recording in future months/years. I think it takes time to build to that place where you WANT to put out the energy when the tide is really incoming and things are flowing. It can't be that way all the time.......but it's bound to shift and change with time and reflection.
Best,
Fred
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC-
2002 Flammang 000 12 fret
2000 McCollum Grand Auditorium