View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:44 PM

akcool - Good you are doing some research. That way, you will get the info you need to make good decision.

My thought is.. Get the best amp you can afford. That way you will only have to buy once! The Fishman is a great choice and sounds amazing for it's size.

Also regarding your question about options.. I do like adding a little reverb or chorus for home use.. It adds dimension to the sound. Touch of either will make your Taylor sing!

I've never heard the Fender. So I cannot comment. But at $99 it is not huge investment. Are you buying locally ? If so, perhaps you can buy one and try and see how it sounds. If you don't like it .. Then exchange for the Loudbox mini.

Oh.. with due respect about the wording. It is normally called an Acoustic Guitar or Acoustic Amp (not acoustical). Again, I am just pointing it out. No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcool View Post
I've read a bunch of reviews regarding amplifiers for home use... an my main concern is since I'm new the guitar scene, wanted some opinions regarding which amp to purchase.

Seen many reviews about the fishman loudbox mini (which I'm leaning towards) but will I need all that power/options (reverb/chorus)? I don't play professionally, just for family/friends. It'll be posted in my bedroom for 90% of the time (practice area). Plus I still got a long way to go before I become a decent player (still learning). Wondering if I should get a small little amp (fender acoustasonic 15) that will fit my needs right now or will I regret not spending the extra money to get something that will last for years to come? Maybe all the options on the fishman might come into good use in the future?

I only have one acoustical guitar, which I love playing/practicing on. Just stuck choosing between the two. Do I fill the "at the moment" need or look ahead for "in the long run"? Decisions decisions... Any opinions will be appreciated.