View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Default Acoustical Guitar Amplifier - Now or in the long run?

I've read a bunch of reviews regarding amplifiers for home use... an my main concern is since I'm new the guitar scene, wanted some opinions regarding which amp to purchase.

Seen many reviews about the fishman loudbox mini (which I'm leaning towards) but will I need all that power/options (reverb/chorus)? I don't play professionally, just for family/friends. It'll be posted in my bedroom for 90% of the time (practice area). Plus I still got a long way to go before I become a decent player (still learning). Wondering if I should get a small little amp (fender acoustasonic 15) that will fit my needs right now or will I regret not spending the extra money to get something that will last for years to come? Maybe all the options on the fishman might come into good use in the future?

I only have one acoustical guitar, which I love playing/practicing on. Just stuck choosing between the two. Do I fill the "at the moment" need or look ahead for "in the long run"? Decisions decisions... Any opinions will be appreciated.