View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
This is really shaping up to be (another) stunning instrument. I agree with the ebony binding letting that gorgeous Madagascar do all the talking ... it'll look very very classy. I can't believe the neck was lost in the mail ... ugh!!!
Thanks for checking in David! I am very excited about this guitar. I agree, that Madi is off the charts gorgeous. It is quite sad to see these folks work so hard only to have the USPS lose our neck and fingerboard. But Steve and Ryan are still pumped about our build and I am really happy for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Wow, that set back truly sucks Dennis (and Steve)... Hopefully, insurance will cover the value of both Steve and Larry's work.
Thanks for following Bob! Have to agree it sucks! But stuff happens. I'm sure time will make this all a distant memory. Steve assures me everything was covered but that doesn't make recreating any easier.

Congrats to you on your new 0 Sexauer! Has to be great to be playing that baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Jeez, that is so disappointing! I find shipping really nerve wracking, even though I insure with Heritage and double box obsessively...

Do your best and insure up the wazoo and then pray!

I am sure we all send our condolences!

And good thoughts for the replacement to be even more beautiful. Though How that could be is unclear to me... haha

Cheers

Paul
Thanks Paul for the kind comments. Let's hope it is soon behind us.

And congrats to you on your new Kinnaird. Looking good my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Wow--total bummer, Dennis.

Glad the boys are back at it. Looking forward to seeing the neck (and the entire guitar) come to life and in your hands soon.
Thanks Kevin. I'm beginning to get those butterflies again. It is so much fun to watch the masters at work.