View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM

Beautiful PRS. Out of curiosity, did you ever change the pickups in any of your PRSi to Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
I have a LONG history with PRS guitars. I started with a Custom 22, and over the years I've owned probably 10+ PRS guitars of every shape and size.

I finally settled on a PRS SC245. Mine was signed by Paul himself at an event and I just have never played a better sounding PRS. It is fat, beefy, yet is clear as a bell. No, it doesn't sound like a Les Paul, and it can be a little sterile at times, but it still has this bite and character, just enough to make it sassy.

I will probably never sell this guitar, but having said that, I am DONE with PRS electrics. I will not buy another one. I've had too many and most of them are pretty sterile and lifeless. There isn't really any character in my PRS guitars. They are too clear, too midrangy, and too just....well, blah. Pretty, but boring.

Where PRS shines to me though is when playing live. They cut through, they sound great, and they are easy to play/control. They clean up well, and just sound good live. Oh, and they stay in tune!!! Best live guitar ever.

Just don't expect to play one at home and get the satisfaction you get from playing a strat or Les Paul!