View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
It recall reports about a lot of battery stuffed in their, I'll guess sure two pieces of glass are heavier, and stainless steel might be heavier than the 7000 series AL recent phones have used.

One thing I noticed is I like the feel of the matte finish AL models I've had recently. Another is the weight I've added with 6S Plus and now 7 Plus became unnoticeable fast. Surely easier to carry than several phones in the past. I do epic bicycle rides and generally travel light the weight doesn't bother me.

Your poor service must reflect your own experience or many a specific location. Mostly work and at times family have me in two Apple Stores a lot. On occasion the stores in Chicago or Twin Cities. I deal with hundreds of employees who go to the same two stores I'm in. On the whole I wash I could have the same competence with other retailers and support organizations.

We did have an experience where my wife's Apple Watch had problems from the beginning and not caught in diagnostics. After 4 "Genius" sessions and sending it in twice she still had a flaky watch. When a manager caught that and our supporting data it wasn't just resolved fast via a new watch. The store tech staff were called on not respecting the screen shots and data we showed them. The sort of consumer mess we all get on occasion was not just addressed but done in a way that was the "genius" staff in that store being told you don't disrespect what we showed them, and you don't keep sending an unreliable item back.

Did we have a truly bad experience? Yeah. Was it handled WAY better than most of those sorts of events? Darn right.

For work we use iPads by the dozens at each location. That's delivery, kitchen, training and retail payment. That's 24x7 and a rough life. Wow I wish other stuff I buy was that good whether product life or how our repair appointments are generally spot on.

I just can't buy their having incompetence when at same time I have to deal with Android tablets, other mobile wireless, and approx 750 employees who do BYOD. If there's incompetence it's nothing like other vendors I have.

Back to the X. It's really great now. It's really great if the apps you depend on are updated for the full screen. It's fine if your apps are not updated but that can be a problem for professional users and apps.
Thank you for your insight. I'll try to keep it in mind. Surely part of my problem is that I used to deal with the company on a professional level, and now I deal with them on a consumer level. It's different. I'm just another old guy at the training table now. They want to wow me with bells and whistles, and I want functionality. We're talking past each other.