View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
+10!

Hey, the needle moves, it's OK.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Well (and I can't BELIEVE I'm doing this) in their defense the video guys and gals have no particular dog in the fight when it comes to audio and quite frankly at this level, with these workloads and the constant drum beat of a feed deadline, they honestly don't have much time to be too terribly concerned. The production flow here goes from video to the shows EP. From the EP it goes to legal. From legal it comes back to audio. So the editor really only needs to appease the EP and legal neither of which are concerned about stereo pans or mono audio. From there the editor gets to go home.

Of course for those very few here that might be interested, the industry (at least those around me) are taking a look at a different that general work flow. The recent hefty fine by the FCC for an audio department that used the "Emergency Broadcasting Test Tones" in a production sequence has legal departments all over town wondering what a audio department might inadvertently use as a sound bite that unfortunately ends up costing the show or the networks lots-o-dollars in fines.