View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
I chatted with someone from GC this morning and for a used it guitar they told me it would be $20+ for shipping whether I shipped it to my home or to another GC.

This makes me rethink buying used...if I can get the same guitar brand new for only $20 or $30 more, why not do that?

Yea, I like their return policy!

Thanks for the input on the guitars and I appreciate the good luck...looking forward to spending even more time with him!

Thanks for the input on going with the Yamaha or Ibanez...knew Yamaha has a great reputation, wasn't sure about Ibanez.

I would prefer to play the guitar I'm buying first, but yes, there doesn't seem to be a lot of savings when buying low end used.

The only thing I worry about when buying from MF is that the guitar wouldn't be set up properly when it got to me and being a newbie I would be afraid I wouldn't know how to set it up properly.

Thanks for all the input!

TripleB
They will ship to MF and, in turn, to you in the same state that they leave the factory. None receive more than a rudimentary setup before shipment from the factory.

I would not have the GC tech do a setup unless someone you know can personally recommend them. Their tech could be a total hack, a genius or anywhere in between.

I suspect that the state they ship in will be good enough for you to began to learn and play. String height and intonation are easy to adjust with electrics. Setting the relief and properly slotted nuts are are a different issue.

I feel confident that while either an Yamaha or Ibanez may not be set up to perfection upon arrival, they will probably be enough in the ball park to get you rolling. Just my .02

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19