View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Actually eat salad regularly and stay away from caloric drinks and call it a lifestyle not a diet.
I actually did that for years. Salad's always been a staple and water (or unflavored seltzer) my drink of choice. The problem was the "occasional" sandwich and slice of pizza and desert. Which became less and less occasional. I didn't need to eat more salad or drink less caloric drinks - I was already pretty close to the limit on both. It's the getting stuff OUT of my diet that needed to happen. So I'm trying KETO, I'm not afraid to call it a diet, and we'll see. I don't know how long I can keep it up, but I don't think it's strongest proponents recommend doing it indefinitely.

Several months to get fully acclimated to it and to burn off a lot of excess fat, and THEN I think they recommend introducing one or two "carb days" per week just to keep your glycogen stores up (which was a big deal when I was doing 5-6 hour bike rides). But that's the part that scares me. If it's working and I'm still not having cravings and I feel satisfied pretty much all the time (until the next meal time and often still then), then the idea of introducing carbs back in seems like it's as likely to jump start the cravings as anything else. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, IF I get to it. Getting there is the current focus.

-Ray