View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
Hey Bob. I hope it works well for you, or my name is mud. The "previewed" course is definitely the way to go. I've had it since February or whenever and have been well pleased. It definitely is organized well and will give you the tools to advance in playing guitar. You certainly won't "master" the guitar by the end, but you will have advanced toward that goal.

Let us know what you think about it. We need unvarnished views--the good, the bad, and the ugly--to help others make up their mind.

Bill
Bill, the course came today. I've just gone thru session 1 and the bonus workshop part of it. I'm looking to pass this course on to both my kids (well, they're 22 and 24 now), and I can see how this 1st session will give them excellent fundamentals. I can also see where a new player would probably need 1-2 weeks to get thru this part.
I'm at a place in my playing now, where I can strum a lot of songs. I play along with .mp3's on my computer like I said in a previous post, but I want to pick some and put in extra notes among the chords. The 1st session deals with picking and using all 4 fingers on all 6 strings. This is great for me. My motor skills are definitely lacking. I can do the simple things he does as fast as he does it in that session, but I see where more practice on that is going to help me a bunch in the future. I've never been one to go down/up down/up, but I see where that's important now. And the exercises where he mixes up the fretting is a good motor skill technique.
If the rest of the sessions are like this, I don't see how I can't improve.
Dang, now I sound like one of his commercials.
Seriously, I'm gonna be very happy with this.
Thanks to you and all the others who recommended it.
Bob