View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacks Focus View Post
I've been using L&MG since last October or so, after playing a bit many, many years ago and then giving it up. Since starting it, I've found it to be extremely well thought-out, well-produced, informative and inspiring, and in general well worth the money.

I agree the "reviews" and their pricing scheme is really cheesy, and for most customers more sophisticated than a 6th grader, their marketing technique probably does more harm for them than good. For an antidote to that kind of marketing, I suggest looking at this impartial review from Gibson's website:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...on-review-610/

The thing that sold me on it in the end, and the aspect of it I never fail to take advantage of, is their online forum community of fellow students, and Steve Krenz himself. It's almost unbelievably friendly and supportive.

If anyone is looking for a good lesson program, I would not hesitate to point them in the direction of L&MG.
I went to the Gibson review that you linked, read the comments, and then looked at some of the LMG videos on the Gibson site. Then I did some more Google searching, got on the LMG forum, and was convinced enough from the participation and interaction there to order a previously viewed course from the LMG site for $100, 2/3 of the perpetual "sale" price. I'm pretty cynical about over-the-top marketing, and the online "reviews" alone have kept me from LMG for a year. I'll find out for myself.

From some of the LMG students on the community forum, the Mel Bay material will be good to use along with the LMG course.

Bill