View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I do all sorts of work around the house and my work sometimes involved physical labor as well. As I matured my nails became thin and brittle. Keeping a set of nails for any length of time became nigh-on impossible. Of course, with gigging that imposed challenges. Eventually as one important gig approached and my nails began coming apart.

My wife grabbed my by the scruff of my neck, dragged me to her nail salon, and introduced me to her nail tech. I ended up with a two-part acrylic cap applied to my nails that in indistinguishable from my regular nails. Every two weeks or so I go back in and get a "fill-in" behind the area that has grown out. If I break a nail it can be repaired. It's been about twenty years and I still have 'em. If I break one when I work on the car they can be repaired. More HERE.

Bob
Thanks, Bob for the post and blog re: acrylic nails. I've been playing 50+ years and just recently had exactly the same positive experience. The acrylics have made a significant difference in my playing, tone, and comfort … and desire to play. Because I also play piano, I keep my nails filed down fairly close to the finger, so I still get some flesh attack too.