View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCavalier View Post
I like the way you build with what looks like whatever you have laying around.
It's like okay...this one should work..yep that's it.

Love it!

Scott
Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how this has been going. I figure, why spend money on something if there is something at hand that will do the job! AND, it's the socially responsible thing to do, right? ... Right? That's totally why I'm doing it this way.

The hood is 2 parts left over ply wood, 2 parts 1X3 that has been collecting dust in my back yard, and 2 parts thin particle board from a hollow core door someone threw away in the dumpster in the alley behind my house.

EDIT: Also, there's a good bit of spit and bailing wire involved. And I'm sure duct tape and my pocket knife will be required before it's all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Just paint it and it won't look ugly. Drum sander is an excellent machine to have in the shop, or outside... that's where I make most of my dust
Makes sense. Even if I had room inside my house for a workshop, I'm not sure I'd want to have the dust generating activities done in the house. We've got a good bit of auto immune disease and allergies in my family, and don't need another allergen floating around the house.

Last edited by Viking; 07-09-2013 at 07:03 PM.