View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisStarlight View Post
It came this past Friday. I can honestly say that my two year old son seemed as excited as me while we were opening.

It is built like a tank. The cabinet and tiles seem like they will hold up well over time. The knobs have a nice, smooth feel to how they turn. They don’t feel cheap at all. Honestly, I love the grill cloth. It Im has its own unique vibe going on.

I’ve only gotten to play it at bedroom levels so far. It sounds pleasing, but it also sounds to me like it’s goong to open up and roar the second I turn it up. It definitely does not have much clean headroom for sparkly clean sounds, but even with the gain cranked it’s not a super “heavy” gain. The tone knob actually covers a very wide range, which is great to hear. It will allow me to get close to fender and Vox tones.

My biggest complaint is the tubes are a pita to get st, which all in all is a minor complaint. They are easy to see, but need 10 screws removed to get at. I was a little sad when I got to them to see they were still the original tubes simply labeled China. I popped in a sovtek el84 I happened to have lying around, I wish I had a Groove Tube lying around. I popped some Electro Harmonix 12at7 tubes I had for the preamp tubes. It did warm the amp up to toss those in. Got rid of what I usually think is a more shrill sound of the stock tubes most amps come with bow days. I’ll order some better tubes soon (need permission from the wife &#128514.

I’ll be bringing it to jam with some friends today and will be able to give a report on nhlwnit sounds with some good volume behind it.
Hey great and post some photo also please. (BTW what is a "tile" ? " cabinet and tiles seem like they will hold up well over time. "

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4