View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 03:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
My choice leans towards V-Picks, but which one? They have almost 100 varieties, but they all are made of a Lexan-like material that doesn't wear out and naturally sticks to even my dry fingertips. I don' think I've ever dropped one. The sound depends on thickness, profile and bevel, so they're not well-suited to a single review. At an average $5 each, you could try them all. I got my first, a clear medium triangle, at Gruen Guitars, with their logo inscribed, and I still think it's my favorite.
Bird, howdy howdy, thanks for your post. Vinny does a heckuva job at V-Picks, and is really the first (and longest-lasting) boutique pick company, the original guy.

You might be surprised (shocked) at the difference in sound between Acrylic and Casein, for instance. If you look at the artist page of any Acrylic pick seller, you will see tons of raves from electric players, but almost nothing from acoustic players. Most acoustic folks find Acrylic very scratchy and screechy across the strings. But to each their own.

Thanks Again,
sm