View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssstewart View Post
I love reading, and as a youth (same time i started playing classical guitar) i started collecting old books. there was and is something romantic about reading an old book, not only in the history of the paper/binding and even the ethereal experience on the senses ( smell, look and feel)
That same romance is why i love Archtops, got my first one at 15, a few years after i started playing classical guitar. I smell all my guitars (yes im a weirdo) but i linger a little longer when i smell the f hole of an archtop..its reminiscent of how i feel about the nose of a nice merlot wine. The feel of an archtop...nothing makes me feel as in contact with a guitar as when i play my 29 archtop...i can feel it in my chest, arm and lap...like the guitar is a true extension of yourself. the sound is truly unique and its like a time machine to let me experience (if only for a brief period) a live version of tones from many decades past. Lastly, their beauty. I love all my guitars and play at least 3-4 daily and get something out of each guitar, be it nylon classical, my 12 string, 6 string dreads or electrics but nothing is as beautiful (imo) as an Archtop, they are more than works of art. Their shape alone exudes music in motion for me.
Gotta love that Birdseye Maple!!! I bet originally that had a Burst that hid some of that fabulous wood