View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfrat73 View Post
Thank's Rudy... yeah, there is a lot of stuff out there, part of the reason I was looking for recommendations to narrow it down.

"Salt Spring" is nice enough, but honestly raised my blood pressure a bit... they just keeping on flirting with resolving that chord but don't really do it... seems like more questions than answers... I found it musically a bit frustrating (I might have to listen again). And then, just when I was pretty confident I had figured out that the guitar player was playing a D-18, I got a closer look at the headstock, and it seemed to have no overly... what is that thing? Custom shop? D-16?

I've heard a bunch of newer stuff, but not that much of it has really grabbed me.

Also, making a mental note that I need to start going to festivals again... it's been probably 20 years.
I don't know my Martins well enough to say what he's playing. I believe Patrick Sauber is discussing that same guitar (?) 25 minutes into this video:

"Unresolved" and modal tunes are my preference, since I also play old time banjo. I have a couple buddies I play with and like to play some of the trad pieces with them.

Last edited by Rudy4; 01-19-2022 at 10:31 AM.