View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
I previously owned an X30, and I can't say that to my ears, any of these samples really captures the tonal essence which is warm, low end and boomy.
Would this example be closer to X30 tonaly or even further? Drop tuning again. https://youtu.be/SRSPJjhi54Q

It reminds me to that "Grand Piano" blueprint in my mind...

Actualy "Grand Piano" description is probably not the best when talking about guitars - they are very different instruments, but when I think of it, it means to me a very dramatic and powerful guitar with a subwoofer deep bass which is not muddy but have clarity, a guitar with huge dynamic range, moving lots of air, having lots of nice overtones and sustain and natural reverb. But clear mids and round but sparkly and ringing trebles would be best. And if it has that 3D quality and bloom, then it would be dream come true for me. But this king of sound is not good for everything, but it is for music I like to play with drone bass at the bottom and slow treble melody at the top ect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
With Elixers I get the same amount of treble as in the video. I once tried D'Addarios on this guitar but they went dull and dead within minutes.
Did you try anything else to get the trebles more pronounced and sparkly or bell like? Like different material for saddle and nut. Something harder. Mammoth ivory for example? Brass could also work mybe. But playing style is probably most important. Any other idea?