View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:32 PM

3) Black Tusq is chosen for its lubricity. No need for graphite in the nut slots.
5) They only make a few hundred CF guitars a year and the few dealers that do handle CF McPherson's seem to have trouble keeping them in stock. Don't expect much give on the selling price. I would go with the local shop and let them make a fair profit, since they stock the guitars.
6) Both saddles are included as far as I know, and that is a clever thing to do.
7) Gold EVO is harder than nickel silver, but not as hard as stainless steel. Both wear considerably better than nickel silver fret wire.
10) Each guitar is different. Some prefer D standard, some like E standard better, and some just seem to excel at certain alternate tunings. Experimentation is the only way to know.

When I tune to D standard, I use medium gauge strings to maintain reasonable playing tension.

As for the rest of your list, McPherson or some of our Sable fans (like tbeltrans) will be your best resources. Sable and Touring are two of the CF guitars that I have never owned, but I have tried briefly. Nothing against them, but I went in other directions when purchasing.

Last edited by Earl49; 08-31-2020 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added info