View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
Congratulations on the very beautiful OM! love the design of the sound hole rosette.
Thanks. The rosette is actually a "standard" one that Jim provides if someone asks for one. His Prairie guitars (on which this one is based) don't have rosettes, and I thought the guitar would look too boring without one. It really works well with the rest of the guitar.

Quote:
I wondered before why the heel of an acoustic guitar neck can't be made in the style of your Worland, and obviously it can be. It looks unconventional but definitely more practical from a wood working point of view. Just guess I will need a bit of time to get used to the look! Tell us the impact of this design on the playability of the higher frets, if any!
Not having a heel means that the Mahogany blocks are used more efficiently for the necks. It's a unique interpretation of the bolt-on neck, and you can see how the neck would slide into the neck block from the photos of the build thread. As far as playability goes, it does make it easier to play the higher frets, and it felt a little weird in the beginning to not bump my hand on the heel.

Quote:
Also I am intrigued to see that the truss rod compartment at the headstock remains uncovered?
Hahaha, there IS a cover to this. I forgot about putting it back on when I was taking photos. I just left it uncovered for a while as I was making tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lew View Post
Congrats Neko! Very nice. Elegant simplicity. That wood combo should sound fantastic. It looks like it would be super comfortable to play. I like the neck design; thanks for the detailed photo. Hope you enjoy her for a long time! You've got yourself a couple of awesome guitars!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to having some good times with it.