View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 02:44 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audie View Post
Eastman has three new all solid wood Grand Auditorium offerings. One with a very nice inlay, all with beveled armrest and a sound port located where it is supposed to be.

The acoustasonic fuss as I understand has Taylor working on modifications to the T5. Should be sooner than later this comes about.
There was a lot of positive excitement and energy in the Eastman booth. This may not be an objective observation, since they are friends of ours and also because I love, own and play their fine guitars. But boy, it felt good in that booth on Thursday. Martin and Gibson were the only other booths where I got that vibe.

Eastman did display at least three different Bourgeois models, all over $10 K, including one blinged out one way above that (but by far not the most expensive or blingiest guitar in the show). I took a bunch of photos, but I'm sorry to say I'm too slammed to download, crop and post them for now.

I'm excited about this alliance. It's very possible this may become an industry trend. For example, it seems to me that Eastman could work on designing a line extension upward in the Eastman lineup that would retail in the $3-5 K price range. They might even be made in the U.S. This would be great for them, us, and even Bourgeois, as they would still be well below Dana's entry-level models. As a marketer, I'd bet my bottom dollar this is already in the works, and it's possible we would see some prototypes as soon as 2021 Anaheim. No inside info at all, just my intuition.

I've heard nothing but glowing things about Dana and his company (never met him, don't know him personally), and I can tell you from personal experience that the folks at Eastman are some of the most dedicated and ethical people I've ever met. If this goes as well as I suspect it might, don't be surprised to see these kinds of "marriages" (alliances?) forming in our industry. I know NONE of the players, but here are some possibilities. Saga and Santa Cruz (they are within a couple hours of one another). Collins and Yamaha (total guess), or Yamaha and anyone (although Yamaha has so much money their inclination would be an acquisition as opposed to strategic alliance). Larivee and Guild?

There are other possibilities, and yes, these is piece in the sky. But then again who could have seen this Eastman and Bourgeois thing even three years ago?

scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 01-21-2020 at 02:52 PM.