View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredFelix View Post

Shredmaster007, I suppose I have the same questions about the ksm137. How susceptible is it to the conditions of an untreated room that isn't well set up for acoustics or recording?
I like it better than all of the other mics I've tried recording acoustic guitar in my untreated practice room (at2021, sm81, rode nt1, e935, st55, sm57/58, beta87a, bartlett mic, fishman matrix blend). It also get's the loudest out without feedback out of the bunch when playing through my JBL monitors. With the low cut filter engaged I don't need to EQ it at all.

The second runner up for me is the e935 - which might be an even better option since it's a great vocal mic as well. The e935 requires more gain than the condensers but has really good feedback rejection and of course doesn't need phantom power. I can turn the e935 up 2/3rds volume on my S1 Pro - I'd say it triples the volume of my somber J45. The e935 is more directional than the ksm137, so the tone (maybe phasing) seems to change more/faster to my ear when the mic moves around the sound hole - but it's totally workable.

I like the sm58 and at2021 the least.