View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 04:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I've enjoyed the directness of dealing with Emerald. That said, what I think might be valuable would be an Emerald service center in the U.S. Emerald is not perfect and there are cases where a guitar has to be sent back for diagnostics or repair--and transatlantic shipments are not cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
I don’t own and have never played an Emerald guitar. I have a great interest in them and have read many, many, many threads about them. I have read about some playing and or set up issues. For what it is worth if Emerald had one or two full time dedicated set up or guitar techs to do a complete QC before it leaves the shop this would alleviate any issue. Assuming carbon fibre instruments are as stable as claimed if it leaves in perfect playing order it should stay that way...
The more I think about Evan's idea, the more sense it makes. I don't know if such a need exists in other countries, but I see the value for the US market which sees some 600 new Emerald sales annually. Such a facility could also serve as a terminal for Emeralds coming into this country where initial setups would be done and help to remove some of the shipment variability that I've seen in my short time as an Emerald fan.

Last edited by RP; 01-29-2020 at 04:35 AM.