View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
...I have had open gear Gotoh 510's on several instruments, and those simply don't compare in terms of overall accuracy to the sealed gear 510's. It's been open gear 510's that I've replaced with sealed gear 510 minis on at least two occasions, and got better accuracy once I did...
While I have Gotoh 510's on one guitar, standard Taylor tuners on another, a few sets of Grover Rotos on other guitars, it has always been my feeling that, cool or not, open backed tuners have been more difficult from a functional standpoint as Wade has pointed out. How important the differences are will vary from player to player. After all, orchestral string players still rely on pure friction systems and seem to be able to get their instruments in tune just fine.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS