Thread: NGD X-30
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
.......AC;

You are a more deliberative reader than I am--unless I'm doing serious research. What I read on this forum often seems unrelated to me at the time but then later becomes important. So, in the future, when I am trying to remember where I read something, I'll be calling on your file system--thank you. ......
Each of us has a book collection at home. Some large enough to become libraries on their own. But in each case, the books collected are those carefully selected by the individual because they were personally read and appreciated, or, they were purchased to be read later because they are believed to contain value (or were gifts).

But when I walk into another's home and view their collections, at best I 'might' see a small subset that I think I personally have interest in. More likely, none of them will interest me at all. They are 'their' own personal choices, not mine.

My collection of AGF articles is no different. Either I read them and found value, or I partially scanned enough of a thread to think it may be of value in the future. A click of the keyboard later, and it's saved. Over the years, there are hundreds or maybe thousands of pages I've collected.

However, my collection still is not even a hundredth of the articles I've glanced through on AGF, and there are ten times that number that I didn't even bother looking at.

The nature of my own peculiar guitar related interests will likely not match someone else's. It would be no different than visiting a friends large library and leaving disappointed at his choices.

Still, if a need arises, I can certainly take a look at what I have in storage--but keep expectations low.