View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 11:08 AM

Smile

As cool as the S1 and Eon Compact look, I will stay on the sidelines whilst the industry competes for a while.

Orange has now introduced the Orange Crush Acoustic 30 (& yeah, I know it's more like the Loudbox charge, being an acoustic amp and not a full-range pa thingy). Alto has the Uber, Uber LT and Uber FX - different form factors and less bells and whistles, but WAY lower price-point too. I also know that the Uber FX weighs considerably more than the JBL and Bose. Personally, I like access to physical knobs rather than BT gadgetry and realize there is a tradeoff in weight for that. I expect there to be new offerings by a lot of companies in the months/years to come.

For the price these l'il guys are, the amount of glitches is disturbing - at least for a skeptic like me. Battery drain, Bluetooth pairing problems, etc. Again, I said FOR ME. Not dissing the products.

I know that new tech always has issues to fix as it moves forward. my hats off to those of you that jumped in feet first. Me, I'll wade in the shallow end for a while, I think.

I do think that these in-depth reviews are great resources for people on the fence so people can go in with eyes wide open.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19