View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
That was short-lived.
I really think Penn State has more talent than Minnesota. They just got out-played and as usual, out-coached on Saturday.
(not a Franklin fan.)
I’m extremely anxious to see if my Buckeyes can maul them with our offense like we have everyone else. Our defense is far superior to Minnesota’s as well. I’m very encouraged with our new head coach Ryan Day. He ain’t afraid to use these four and five star athletes like Meyer and Tressel were.
IMHO, we are the only Big Ten team that has enough firepower to compete with LSU, ‘Bama, Clemson and teams like those.
I like your comment regarding Penn State coach James Franklin. He is a very good coach and puts me in mind of Brian Kelly at ND. Very good coaches,but not great coaches. Yes,there is a very fine line,which is why there are so few of them.
I think what we're seeing with the Buckeyes is we finally have a coaching staff that is coaching to the strength of top flight players,vs the players being restricted by the system. OSU has found that by letting the players have more freedom on the field they are much more productive.
Their strength of schedule will give them an edge in the final games of the season and eventually in the CFP, assuming they don't hit a bump in the road. As good as Penn State is,they cannot match the Buckeyes fire power.
As for TTUN, their coaches are doing a lot of chirping about how they can't wait to play OSU. That's all good,but it will be a different tune once they have to line up against the Buckeyes because they don't have the talent level to beat them.