View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
I did maps for my 814 K&K Taylor and used an SM57, experimenting with several placements. I just try the different character settings or blend until it sounds good to me. I like the K&K blended, usually not full 100% TD. I like the sound so much it makes me wonder what a better mic and different placement will do for me.

I played last Thursday with the TD and MXR234 analog chorus - out to a kicked back BOSE S1. Fabulous sound.
davidc
You may be favoring some dry Pure Mini signal in your blend because it brings back some of the low bass which the SM57 removes from the signal which is training ToneDexter.

The SM57's frequency response drops about 5 db between 196 Hz (the fundamental frequency of the open G string in standard tuning at concert pitch) and 82.41 Hz (the fundamental frequency of the open low E string in standard tuning at concert pitch).

You'll probably like the WaveMaps even better when you start training with one of the recommended training mics which has (or can be set for) a flat frequency response.

Last edited by guitaniac; 02-20-2019 at 06:28 AM.