View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
Cyber, this is close to what I do.

I started doing this about thirty years ago; I don't remember why. I suspect I read about it in an interview with someone like Tony Rice. Anyway, it's easy, fast, and cheap cheap cheap. Did I say it was cheap?

Take a spool of white cotton medical tape and tear off about an inch, let lay it along both sides of the pick sticky side down against the pick face, like this:

It does two things:
1) It remains sticky for quite a long time. When it gets old, just peel off and replace.
2) More importantly, it absorbs the oils and sweat from you fingers; the cotton acts as a whisk to accomplish this.

BTW, make sure the tape is 100% COTTON. They have these cheap ones now that are polyester or something. 100% cotton gives it the absorption you need.

Looks stupid? Sounds stupid? Try it and see if it doesn't work.

Scott Memmer
Very nice! Too simple isn't it? And the cheap thing sure is a factor. I think the tape I use is like $3 at the corner store and lasts me years.

For instance I like the look of the Guitar Moose grip stick-ons but they are $20 a pack but can only be used on 10 picks total! That's insanity!