Thread: Must admit
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Emerald guitars do seem interesting to me. I have enjoyed reading about them here and seeing the pictures and videos of them. However, I seem to be stuck in the "try before you buy" mode.

Rainsong gets a its share of attention here too. While I think they are very nice instruments, I can't stand the neck on them, so I would rather enjoy them from a distance. That is personal requirement, rather than a reflection on Rainsong's quality. I have also had the opportunity to play some of the higher end wood guitars that get a lot of discussion around these forums, and a surprising number of them have not been suitable for me. Because of that, I am reluctant to order online, sight unseen.

As a result, I still have my original CA Guitars Cargos and a couple of McPhersons (Touring and Sable) because I was able to buy them locally.

Someday, I will probably see an Emerald and can then decide whether I should add one to my collection. I have no doubt that they are a quality guitar like the products of other CF manufacturers I have had the opportunity to see, but it is the playability/feel of the instrument that I need to determine for my own needs. I do like Emerald's concept of the wood veneer top, bringing some of that look to the CF world.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...