View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludere View Post
I am absolutely nowhere near good enough for the instruments I own.
Trust me, this is not feigned humility; this is fact.
I am of the camp that feels fine instruments rightfully belong in the hands of those who can do them justice.
(To this point, it has occurred to me more than once to seek out young devoted 'talents' and gift them a better guitar than they can afford ...)
Yes, at this point I can afford the guitars I own without undue duress or letting anything "slip" financially.
I consider myself quite fortunate to be in such a position and I thoroughly enjoy my guitars and this forum, but I do feel like a bit of an imposter for my lack of expertise.
I am one of those who took an extended sabbatical, tended to life, and then came back. To be perfectly honest, I do think I have the raw materials to become respectable in time - what I don't have is enough time left on the orb ...
So I play for myself, enjoy the little bit I can do, and do my best to appreciate each hour I have with this great pastime.

All in all, it's actually pretty cool ...

People like nice things. Is there anything wrong with that at the end of the day? Perhaps one’s driving skills are not good enough to drive a Porsche like it was meant to be driven, but darn it, it sure is a nice enjoyable ride.

I know the feeling you are trying to get across though...I used to have some thoughts like that creeping in and rationalized past them.

Better tools can help you learn better too, even if it is that it just motivates you more because you like and enjoy the instrument. Now that is a good thing, and it makes that instrument more justifiable. Having just recently received a higher end RainSong guitar, I also didn’t realize how badly my cheap Aria was playing. It was an impediment to learning relative to the RainSong.
2019 PRS Silver Sky

Last edited by Dbone; 01-18-2020 at 05:52 AM.