View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
"Why do I record ?" is certainly a legitimate question. And one I have asked myself occasionally, But so far the answer always comes back "Because It is something I like to do " so at the very least it is a personal hobby that I find rewarding, and that alone keeps my in the game .

So I would say if ? it is not something that you find interesting and rewarding to for its own sake ,,,, then it is very valid to question if it is something you should continue to do.

Or put another way, if you are recording to facilitate something other thing , than "just for enjoyment of doing it "... then I suppose one needs to sit down, and try calculate benefit vs time spent. Because like playing guitar is something that really only improves with "time spent" Lots of time.
I agree; there doesn't have to be a reason if it's a hobby that you enjoy doing. The joy, fun, interest, fulfillment, whatever, is the justification. And if it's primarily a hobby, be careful not to set expectations too high; I find I don't want my hobby to have job-like objectives.

2012 Carruth 12-fret 000 in Pernambuco and Adi
2010 Poling Sierra in Cuban Mahogany and Lutz
2015 Posch 13-fret 00 in Indian Rosewood and Adi

Last edited by ChuckS; 10-04-2019 at 08:11 AM.