View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I haven't heard anything to make me withdraw my platonic ideal comment of a few pages back, but I would like to hear more! More candy for this addict!

And did you say you are doing a web page for the Woodsman? Do you plan to make this a line of guitars, or is it a one-off? Please tell me this is it, Mark, and that it's sold already - I'm getting way too excited.

Stan
Thanks Stan! I'm actually doing a whole new website. I want to include this guitar in the roll-out of the site. Each model has it's own information, gallery, sound videos etc.
As far as a separate line goes I think I have new and different ideas here for making vintage style guitars in that they are actually old woods, techniques, and design as opposed to "reliced". We'll see how it's accepted. Right now it's a new model and pricing package. I'm a one man custom shop who doesn't use a lot of jigs so I can turn on a dime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Beautiful instrument Mark!
Thanks Haasome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffStGermaine View Post
That guitar has a great vibe to it - a very beautiful instrument! I'm more than a little curious to see how the case you're building comes out.
Thanks GeoffStGermaine! I was going for a certain kind of vibe with this model. Other countries don't really have a word for it. The Japanese have "wabi sabi" but that does not quite get to the long history and tradition of American steel string guitars and what we call Mojo.

Yeah, that coffin case just might be the death of me! I have a guitar studio set up to make guitars. Over the years I've made a concerted effort enforcing my "If it don't make guitars get it out of here" rule. So there has been a lot of unexpected tooling up to make these cases. Yesterday, I got specialty Freud router bits for making undersized channels for a clean fit when setting Baltic Birch plywoods. I didn't even know these things existed! There seems to be a whole world outside the guitar world! Who knew?

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright

Last edited by Mark Hatcher; 02-02-2019 at 10:10 AM.